Windows Media/RealPlayer monitoring?

cw security at fidei.co.uk
Wed Jul 10 12:35:25 UTC 2002

Hi there folks.

Just a quick question that has come up at my workplace.
We are running some streaming services and have got a new proper
server which is going into the main machine room as opposed to the
old one which is sat in our building.

One question that has been put forward is how to go about monitoring
the streaming services to ensure that they are functional. We have
tools available which can make sure that the machine is still up but
so far we're only at the ideas stage with regards to monitoring the
actual services.

My question is simple.

Is there anyone out there who is using, or has implemented a
successful monitoring system for Windows Media Server and/or Real
Server? If so, then how did you go about it?

Cheers.