multicast (was Re: Readiness for IPV6)

David Sinn dsinn at microsoft.com
Tue Jul 9 16:56:34 UTC 2002

Cynical/realist, it's a fine line.

While p0rn does drive a lot of the utilization on the net, I doubt that
the those content providers are going to be happy with sending their
content un-protected across the net for anyone (paying or not) to see.
So now you are into a encryption issue where you need to insure the
receiving end can securely receive the encryption key and not share it.
Not insurmountable, but not (that I'm aware of) possible with today's
applications.

The upshot is today's client applications need to grow to add these and
other discussed features and functions to help the content providers.

David