WorldComm Fiber Cut????

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Mon Jul 8 02:40:59 UTC 2002

On Sun, 7 Jul 2002, Gerardo A. Gregory wrote:
> Can someone from WorldComm please verify a fiber cut that happened today at
> around 11:30 am (Central).  I have bveen informed that a fiber cut in
> Illinois (or Indiana) has been in effect (until just a few minutes) for all
> of the afternoon and most of the evening.

Worldcom is reporting a problems near Chicago.  Earthlink is reporting
problems affecting its customers in Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan,
Wisconsin and Ohio.

http://help.mindspring.com/netstatus/
http://www.noc.uu.net/

Cable & Wireless is showing delays out of Cleveland, Ohio

http://sla.cw.net/

AT&T and Sprint aren't reporting any problems.

http://ipnetwork.bgtmo.ip.att.net/index.html
http://www.sprint.net/

MFN's and PSI's network status pages have stopped working for me, so I
don't know if they are having problems.

http://www.above.net/html/techlog.txt
http://www.psi.net/cgi-bin/netstatus.pl5