Internet vulnerabilities

Rodney Joffe rjoffe at centergate.com
Fri Jul 5 18:13:48 UTC 2002

Bill Woodcock wrote:

>     > Or, are you saying that an anycast host has to be a router running BGP ?
>
> No, typically they run OSPF.

Perhaps a little further explanation may help Marshall... think: a *nix
box running zebra, connected to a router.

>     > This works for DNS, but not for the things I would like to anycast.
>
> Mmm, like what?  This is all ancient history at this point...  It seems
> unlikely that anyone would discover something that didn't work at this
> late date.

Just as a guess, Marshall is probably thinking of using anycast for
something other than DNS, like http, or ftp, or telnet. And he's
wondering about state ;-)

Chat with Genuity.new about what they did with Hopscotch from
Genuity.orig. It used to deal with that.

http://164.195.100.11/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1='6185619'.WKU.&OS=PN/6185619&RS=PN/6185619
or
http://www.delphion.com/cgi-bin/viewpat.cmd/US06185619__

--