Internet vulnerabilities

Bill Woodcock woody at zocalo.net
Fri Jul 5 17:38:08 UTC 2002

    > Or, are you saying that an anycast host has to be a router running BGP ?

No, typically they run OSPF.

    > So if it goes down, so would the service and the announcements?

Correct.  If a device wants to witdraw itself from a service pool, it
withdraws the host route associated with that service.

    > This works for DNS, but not for the things I would like to anycast.

Mmm, like what?  This is all ancient history at this point...  It seems
unlikely that anyone would discover something that didn't work at this
late date.

                                -Bill