Waiver of IP and AS Number Transfer Fees

jnelson jnelson at rackspace.com
Wed Jul 3 22:06:36 UTC 2002

The intension is to get the information correct. If company X took over
another company who owned a couple /whatevers, or if a company merely
changed their name and wanted their ASN to represent that, it would cost
$250 to change. Many companies, who aren't in the "we sell IPs
business", don't care if the name matches the IP on IANA or ARIN. So, in
effort to get the databases straight for the impending "conversion",
they've waived the fee. So, it is an opportunity to transfer the lease
(not ownership) of IPs without the additional cost.

Not sure what the conversion entails, but I know they've recently
changed their godforsaken templates... to newly improved godforsaken
templates.

---DB cleanup is good for all who have to troubleshoot global IP
routing---