AOL mail netblocks

Martin Hannigan hannigan at fugawi.net
Tue Jul 2 12:59:22 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Daniska Tomas wrote:

> what the second line is for?
>
> if i block all first then why care about rest (which equals to none in such case) :)

Obviously, I hope, the business realities of playing the spam game
dictate that I can only control the spam, not stop it.

I was hoping someone was going to say that "AOL already does this
themselves". In the 'old' days, there was a list of what to allow
under .ipt.aol.com. It's pretty easy for them to do it, and I'm
guessing that they do actually filter this outbound, or their
managed modem providers may, I'm just looking for a confirmation.

-M