Sprint peering policy (fwd)

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Mon Jul 1 19:01:50 UTC 2002

[deleted]

To put this another way, imagine two networks.  One is a large
content provider, they target webhosting customers.  One is a large
access provider, they target end-users.  I think that being able to reach
a large number of end-users is a benefit to the first network.  I also
think that being able to reach a large amount of content is a benefit to
the second network.  If they peer, their traffic ratio will be
1:1 yet both networks gain significant ( imho ) benefit.  Bill and keep
seems the only sensible way to me.

---

If they peer, the traffic ratio will _NOT_ be 1:1, more like 10:1 or 1:10
[depending on which way you are looking].

Regards,

Deepak Jain
AiNET