NANOG 24: NAP BoF

David Luyer david at luyer.net
Wed Jan 30 08:47:50 UTC 2002

Bill Woodcock wrote:

> About three hundred, by the count that Bill, Antony, and I have been
> keeping:
>
> http://www.pch.net/documents/data/exchange-points/ep-in-addrs.txt
> http://www.pch.net/documents/data/exchange-points/ep-in-addrs.xls

Australia	Adelaide	AusBONE	AusBONE
	-> There is no Adelaide AusBONE IX; there used to be a
connection
         between AusBone and SAIX, but it is no more.

Australia	Adelaide	South Australian Internet Exchange
SAIX SE	198.32.240.0/24
Australia	Adelaide	South Australian Internet Exchange
SAIX SE	203.34.35.0/24
	-> Is the SAIX relocation still in progress or complete?

Australia	Brisbane	AusBONE-Brisbane Internet Exchange
AusBONE-BIX	198.32.230.0/24
      -> Also uses 198.32.231.0/24 due to the way it's set up.
      -> Location is AAPT, Riverside Centre, 123 Eagle St, Brisbane

Australia	Brisbane	AusBONE-Brisbane Internet Exchange
AusBONE-BIX	198.32.232.0/24
      -> Duplicate entry with the wrong exchange's IPs (AusBone
Sydney's).

Australia	Melbourne	AusBONE-Melbourne Internet Exchange
AusBONE-MEL	198.32.234.0/24
	-> Location is AAPT, 530 Collins St, Melbourne

Australia	Melbourne	Victorian Internet Exchange	VIX
      -> IP block is 198.32.194.0/24 (this is a residual exchange from
AUIX,
         and at present the VIX and AusBone-MEL switch fabrics are
linked
         although we intend to separate the switch fabrics Real Soon
Now...)
	-> Location is AAPT, 530 Collins St, Melbourne

Australia	Perth	Western Australia Internet Exchange	WAIX
198.32.212.0/24
	-> Very successful IX, surprised they don't have more IP space
by now :)
	-> Location is QV1, 250 St Georges Terrace, Perth

Australia	Sydney	AusBONE-Sydney Internet Exchange
AusBONE-SYD	198.32.232.0/24
	-> Location is AAPT, 30 Ross St, Glebe

Australia	Sydney	Pihana Sydney	Pihana Sydney
      -> Never heard of them, and there's no real info listed for them

I'm surprised AUSIX isn't in there, or was it already removed after the
Exodus collapse and closure of their Union St, Pyrmont facility where
it was located?

There was also a Paradox Internet Exchange in Sydney (Skygarden, Pitt
St,
Sydney), but we pulled out of there a couple of years back leaving
Paradox to peer with themselves, and they've been through liquidation
at least once since then, so the exchange quite possibly isn't there
anymore :)

There were some other IX's - one more in Perth, a few buildings down
from
WAIX (WAIX is in QV1, the other IX was in BankWest, the same building
the
PARNet network is hubbed out of - but PARNet connected to WAIX not the
"other" IX), I'm not sure if it's still there, one in West Sydney (I
forget the name of it) and some guy who set up a 33k6 peering exchange
for small ISPs in Melbourne (I haven't paid much attention to what
happened to that...).

AusBone are attempting to set up some regional IX's in Australia, such
as
Newcastle, Wollongong, etc - none are actually established yet though.

David.
--
David Luyer                                     Phone:   +61 3 9674 7525
Network Development Manager    P A C I F I C    Fax:     +61 3 9699 8693