Anyone here from Microsoft? Hacked?

David Charlap David.Charlap at marconi.com
Fri Jan 25 18:00:41 UTC 2002

Paul Timmins wrote:

> umm, notice that domain name? See that @ sign? Anything before it
> is sent as a username, which is generally ignored unless requested.
> We now return you to your regularly scheduled network operations
> discussion and flamewars.

Reminds me of an old joke when I was in college.  I used to have this in
my .signature:

	Free UNIX accounts.  Telnet to 127.0.0.1.  Use your existing
	user ID and password to login.

I got a lot of mail from concerned-but-clueless people warning me that
this may be a criminal trying to harvest passwords.

Of course, the joke is far less effective today, when most people on the
internet are not using UNIX systems.

-- David