state of the art in router configuration

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Jan 22 05:56:28 UTC 2002

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Randy Bush wrote:

> > scripts, and still others might use third-party commercial products
> > like Orchestream or Goldwiretech.
>
> and some completely generate them from an enterprise database

I wonder what the biggest backbones use?  2 out of our 3 T3 providers have
broken our connections by assigning our T3 serial interface IP to another
customer connection...one of them has done it twice.  The two that have
done this are, AFAIK, the biggest providers in the continent.

Whatever they're using, it's obviously not working well and not checking
to make sure IP's about to be configured for an interface aren't already
in their IGP.

 Atlantic Net                |