DNS DOS increasing?

just me matt at snark.net
Tue Jan 22 05:18:10 UTC 2002

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

  So what we need is a tunable on the caching DNS server that says
  min_allowed_ttl = 300;
  if (ttl < min_allowed_ttl) ttl = min_allowed_ttl;
  If the above becomes a problem, this will happen.

  Mike.

Some larger providers allready do this on their caching servers. It's
rather annoying, actually. I don't see anything wrong with setting a
10s TTL if I size my bandwidth and server capacity accordingly.

matto

   Flowers on the razor wire/I know you're here/We are few/And far
   between/I was thinking about her skin/Love is a many splintered
   thing/Don't be afraid now/Just walk on in. #include <disclaim.h>