Growing DoS attacks

Jared Mauch jared at puck.Nether.net
Wed Jan 16 18:18:14 UTC 2002

	are you seeting these attacks be related to the lack of
anti spoofing filters?  where do they tend to be originating these
days?

	i suspect that 1) smurf amps that are still not fixed, 2)
high speed connectivity at homes (cable, .. some dsl still,) are allowing
people to send spoofed packets at higher rates.

	that combined and the number of windows based servers that
have been exploited (nimda, etc..) and those can be used also to send
spoofed packets at higher rates.

	- jared