Growing DoS attacks

Paul Froutan pfroutan at rackspace.com
Wed Jan 16 17:45:05 UTC 2002

Hello all,
Can some of you with larger networks let me know about the volume of the
DoS attacks you have experienced lately?  Our experience has been that the
volume (not just occurrence) is going up significantly and I'm curious on
the size of attacks that people are experiencing.  For reference, while a
year or two ago we used to get 50-100 meg attacks, now we're getting 500+ megs.
Thanks

Paul Froutan, VP Engineering and Operations
Rackspace Managed Hosting
Email: pfroutan at rackspace.com