huh

Ian A Finlay iaf at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Jan 15 20:16:15 UTC 2002

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, David G. Andersen wrote:

Ian A Finlay just mooed:

> Um, it's firewalled?  Most of microsoft isn't traceroutable or
> pingable.

Hi David,

I've gotten ICMP echo replies from the hop after 65.195.34.226 many many
times before. And I generally never see delays like ~700ms. FWIW, I was
getting ICMP ECHO replies from iuswsecurc1202-p-6-0.msft.net just
recently.

I only bring this up because it's taking hours to grab files off of their
site. It generally takes less than five minutes, even during the busiest
parts of the day.

Oh yeah, one more thing Davey, I don't moo :-)

-Ian