HS protocol analyzer

LeBlanc, Jason Jml at ebay.com
Mon Jan 7 17:15:19 UTC 2002

Niksun NetVCR is worth looking at.  Foundry is doing interesting things with
their nextgen ASICs using builtin SMON probes, could almost use one of their
small switches as an analyzer. ;)  Building this functionality into the ASIC
on the switch/router is about the only way stat gathering will ever keep up
with fwding rates.  Sorry for the FDRY plug. ;)