Blocking Internet Gaming

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Mon Jan 7 13:45:16 UTC 2002

> We've had good luck here with the Packeteer packetshaper 6500.
>
>    http://www.packeteer.com/products/packetshaper/index.cfm
>
> We use it mainly to control [not block] music download traffic.

Anybody tried nmap against a Packet Shaper recently? I tried it against
a box here which is no longer in service (not the 6500 model), and the
result isn't exactly reassuring.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no

Port       State       Service
21/tcp     open        ftp
23/tcp     open        telnet
80/tcp     open        http
137/tcp    filtered    netbios-ns
138/tcp    filtered    netbios-dgm
139/tcp    filtered    netbios-ssn
520/tcp    filtered    efs
1024/tcp   open        kdm

TCP Sequence Prediction: Class=64K rule
                         Difficulty=1 (Trivial joke)

Sequence numbers: 7E5BA800 7E5CA200 7E5E9600 7E5F9000 7E608A00 7E618400
Remote operating system guess: SunOS 4.0.3