HS protocol analyzer

Mike Duckett mduckett at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 5 14:30:00 UTC 2002

Looking for HS protocol analyzers options that can, minimally, filter real
time traffic (e.g., ports, applications, sessions/conversations, byte/bit
offsets) at rates up to and exceeding OC-3/12 and GigE.  Being limited to a
few seconds makes troubleshooting or analysis very difficult if not
impossible.  Our routers are able to keep up with a decent amount of "high
touch" and still maintain the pace of traffic flow by employing accelerators
(e.g., ASICs).  Great.. Now, how do we troubleshoot problems?