C&W Outage

Rodney Joffe rjoffe at centergate.com
Tue Jan 1 21:26:21 UTC 2002

It seems that C & W's LD network suffered a problem at around 7pm EST
(0001 on Jan 1 2002) in at least the AZ area, and possibly wider. Their
Tandem switches are reporting a carrier fail to the ILEC switches. We're
currently only able to dial out using our AT&T circuits, and we're
unable to reach any NOC 800 numbers that are on the C&W network (for
example, C&W's own 800 number at 800-486-8686).

No master ticket yet. If you need to reach them, the best way in appears
to be (703) 790-5300.

Y2K+2?
--
Rodney Joffe