Blocking Internet Gaming

Dominic J. Eidson sauron at the-infinite.org
Mon Jan 7 04:54:57 UTC 2002

On Sun, 6 Jan 2002, Dominic J. Eidson wrote:

[snip]

> The basic setup is disallow all outbound connections, save ports 20-21,
> 23, 109/110, 80 (with restiction, explanation follows) and 443.

[snip]

Since several people have commented on us not allowing SSH through by
default, I'll re-quote my private reply:

".. if someone's clueful enough to use SSH, they're clueful enough to
request we allow SSH through for them..."

We do allow other outbound connections upon written request.

--
Dominic J. Eidson
                                        "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" - Gimli