ICANN - The Case for Replacing its Management

Vadim Antonov avg at exigengroup.com
Wed Feb 27 01:49:02 UTC 2002

You can always have as many domains as you wish -- inside your zone.
Short words is a scarce resource, and therefore their use must be
rationed in some way.  The pure market approach (i.e. selling them for
flat rate) doesn't seem to be sufficient for squatter deterrence (they
nearly always lose in court, but this may be prohibitively expensive for
those who have legitimate reasons for obtaining those domain names).

--vadim