ICANN - The Case for Replacing its Management

Ariel Biener ariel at fireball.tau.ac.il
Tue Feb 26 16:26:48 UTC 2002

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Vadim Antonov wrote:

  Vadim,

   Without sounding condecending, I think your view of this is rather
simplistic. The automatic assumption that ISPs can serve this role is
wrong at its very basis, since each ISP is first and foremost interested
in making money. If not, it wont last. With this set of priorities, an ISP
cannot hold this function.

   I can go on about this topic for quite a long time, but since it's
NANOG, I'll spare you all, and Vadim and I can take it to private
channels.

--Ariel

--
Ariel Biener