best way to get to UUNet 'New York City' colo w/o car?

Henry Yen henry at AegisInfoSys.com
Thu Feb 21 12:21:11 UTC 2002

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 12:46:16PM +0100, bert hubert wrote:
> We have half a rack in what UUNet like to call their 'New York City' colo
> but which is so far outside NY City that nobody there knows where it is.
> Now, because our people going there can't/don't want to rent a car, we find
> ourselves at a loss to figure out how to get there easily.
>
> The address is 401 Fieldcrest Drive, Elmsford, NY 10523-1026. We would like
> to know how to get their directly from JFK and from Manhattan, if possible.

it's just north of 287 (which runs roughly east-west (towards the tappan zee
bridge at tarrytown)).  it looks like it's just off 9A (which runs roughly
north-south).  here's a link to a location that's off 9A just south of 287
that includes some train and bus info:
   http://www.mhawestchester.org/locations/elmsford.asp

there's lots of links; google for "9a 287 elmsford".
even "401 fieldcrest elmsford" brings several hits of other companies
that are apparently in the same building.

--
Henry Yen                                       Aegis Information Systems, Inc.
Senior Systems Programmer                       Hicksville, New York