global BGP instability

cowie at renesys.com cowie at renesys.com
Tue Feb 19 12:58:42 UTC 2002

Would anyone care to give some operational insight into the surge
of BGP routing instability this morning between appx 08:00 and 10:00
GMT?   Turned on and off like a lightswitch, as seen from GRADUS
(http://gradus.renesys.com) -- we saw cleanly correlated and sustained
increases in the prefix announcement and withdrawal rates reported by
all GRADUS feeds during that window.    --jim

p.s. By the way, we haven't seen the kind of sustained increase in
"maintenance cycle" routing instability that we were expecting after
the SNMP news broke.  Some increase in the background noise, but nothing
major overall.  Good job, guys :)