Not strictly operational: maps for fiber planning?

Timothy Brown timothy.brown at pobox.com
Mon Feb 18 15:49:54 UTC 2002

Can someone point me to resources for maps/GIS data (for use in fiber
planning), as well as competitors to Telegeography (companies already
showing data on currently laid cables)?

I'm basically looking for:

  Companies who provide maps and mapping services with political,
    topographic, and GIS data

  Companies who provide maps of already laid out fiber routes and
    telecom infrastructure

I'm not looking for people who can do it only in the US - I need world
coverage (with drilldown to individual countries).

Private emails would be preferred;  i'll summarize.

Thanks,
Tim