NANOG Help Desk???

Bill Thompson Billt at Mahagonny.com
Wed Feb 13 19:03:57 UTC 2002

I just gotta rant about this.

When the Hell did the NANOG list become a help desk?

Why are we encouraging theses questions about configuring a Linux box to be a
router and how to get Cisco IOS to make coffee? I thought that this list was for
OPERATIONAL content and not to answer HOW TO questions about home networks.
There are other lists for that. I have configuration questions too, but that's
what Google is for, not NANOG.

I would like to propose that people DO NOT reply to these posts, or if they want
to help take it off list.

--
BillT at Mahagonny.com - PGP KeyID#: 0xFB966670

"Crappy old OSes have value in the basically negative sense that
changing to new ones makes us wish we'd never been born."
                                -Neal Stephenson 1999