Reducing Usenet Bandwidth

Jared Mauch jared at puck.Nether.net
Mon Feb 4 08:11:06 UTC 2002

	I think you are refering to cisco bugid: CSCdv47188

-- snip --
If the first entry in the Multicast Border Gateway Protocol (MBGP)
routing table is supernet of the destination IP address or the MBGP
route exists but does not have the best path, Reverse Path Forwarding
(RPF) lookup will fail or return a unicast Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
route if a unicast BGP route exists.

Workaround: Remove the first entry or add a dummy route that is
smaller than the first entry. In case of a MBGP route without a best
path, change the network configuration to ensure that the specified
destination address has the best path.
-- snip --

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net