Fwd: SlashDot: "Comcast Gunning for NAT Users" (fwd)

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Fri Feb 1 01:40:18 UTC 2002

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Ukyo Kuonji wrote:

> >The question I have is, by the letter of the terms, is running ssh
> >a 'VPN'? Or if I use a VPN client to connect to my datacenters from home?
> >Or is
> >it you 'hosting' a VPN?
>
> What about running a VPN over a SSH connection?  Would that be considered a
> VPN?  Or maybe we will see cable companies limit you to only surfing.  No
> ports other than 80.

That'd be cool. They'd lose a lot of business that way.

--
JustThe.net LLC - Steve "Web Dude" Sobol, CTO      ICQ: 56972932/WebDude216
website: http://JustThe.net  email: sjsobol at JustThe.net  phone: 216.619.2NET