DC power versus AC power

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Mon Dec 30 03:09:50 UTC 2002

Absolutely.  Often, there are more than a few hundred amps available.
Remember, many of those switch rooms were built to specs to drive a very
large number of solenoids, relays, etc.  All relatively high-current
devices compared to today's solid state stuff.  Alot of the specs were
never reduced, the rooms just got bigger, and the number of customers.
There's a reason the backbone is multiple copper plates and not just
wire.

Owen

--On Sunday, December 29, 2002 5:40 PM -0800 Scott Granados