White House to Propose System for Wide Monitoring of Internet (fwd)

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Dec 20 19:31:39 UTC 2002

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:31:39 MST, "Wayne E. Bouchard" said:

> On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 11:12:43AM -0500, David Lesher wrote:
> >
> > [This just jumped into the operational arena. Are you prepared
> > with the router port for John Poindexter's vacuum? What changes
> > will you need to make? What will they cost? Who will pay?]

> Heard about this on the news this morning and you know, I am so not
> worried about it.
>
> IMO, it's so completely unfeasable at every level as to be actually
> funny.

All the same, I suggest you forward the rest of your quite well-reasoned
comments to your congresscritter and/or the White House.  Remember that the
idea was probably propsed by people who have little or no clue of what the
actual impact would be - and the final decision will likely be made by
somebody with even less technical edge.

The truly scary part is that it could actually be approved....