White House to Propose System for Wide Monitoring of Internet (fwd)

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Fri Dec 20 16:45:57 UTC 2002

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, David Lesher wrote:

> [This just jumped into the operational arena. Are you prepared
> with the router port for John Poindexter's vacuum? What changes
> will you need to make? What will they cost? Who will pay?]

I read this in the paper this morning. The article is a summary of a summary
of a briefing, and contains contradictory statements, ranging from the
tracking of end-users web browsing (bad) to a clearing house to gather
real-time information of attacks in progress (which sounds like a good
idea to me).

I'm reserving judgement until there are some actual facts.