your mail

Eric Gauthier eric at roxanne.org
Thu Dec 19 04:53:47 UTC 2002

> My thoughts are Cogents primary customers are sites that are looking for
> very cheap bandwidth, which most likely is adult content. Therefore they
> would look more like a content provider than a transit provider.

Cogent is making in roads at a lot of Universities who want, as we all
know, large amounts bandwidth but don't want to pay for it :)

Whether the University is a sink or source of traffic typically comes
down to whether or not they filter/rate-limit their peer-to-peer
traffic.  If they do, then the University will look like
any traditional end-user ISP.  If they don't, then  the University
will like like a hosting provider with lots of "content"...

Eric :)