Cogent

David Diaz techlist at smoton.net
Thu Dec 19 02:57:19 UTC 2002

Well I believe some are doing consulting.  And expensive is relative.
I think their multimillion investment with worth more then a couple
of guys salaries.

Different peers want to see different things. Some want balanced
traffic, certain traffic levels, number of locations etc etc.  Many
of the big companies have been trimming.  Guess it comes with
trimming the trees.  It really started with Sprint again and just
kept going.

A lot of people could jump in here with their peering philosophies.
Bottem line it's part experience, part trust, part engineering
knowledge and part cowboy poker player... we may all not want to
admit that.... but it's a little of all of the above.