FW: FW: /8s and filtering

Marshall Eubanks tme at multicasttech.com
Tue Dec 10 22:01:10 UTC 2002

Arin 2003-3 was a (less detailed) attempt to do the same thing

http://www.arin.net/policy/2002_3.html

I suspect that a suitable combination of all of these proposals would
have
a good chance of getting through.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks

On Tuesday, December 10, 2002, at 04:52  PM, Forrest wrote:

>> Now, however, that ARIN is discussing proposals such as 2002-5, 2002-6
>> and
>> 2002-7 (with 2002-5 & 2002-6 most likely being passed within few
>> months)
>> ARIN maybe put in position of assigning smaller then /20 blocks and
>> that
>> is why I suggested on ARIN ppml mailing list that current
>> micro-allocation
>> wording about assiging small blocks from specifically designated larger
>> blocks be made a separate policy that would apply to all small
>> allocations &
>> asignments being made directly by ARIN. If you think its a good idea to
>> make this a policy, please do send your feedback to ARIN or bring it up
>> on ppml mailing list and then ARIN can work on this futher to make it a
>> policy.
>>

> Proposal 2002-7 is exactly what is needed in my opinion.  I wish I'd
> seen
> it before I posted here earlier, since it basically identifies every
> problem I mentioned.
>
> http://www.arin.net/policy/2002_7.html
>
> Forrest

T.M. Eubanks
Multicast Technologies, Inc.
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Phone : 703-293-9624       Fax     : 703-293-9609
e-mail : tme at multicasttech.com
http://www.multicasttech.com

Test your network for multicast :
http://www.multicasttech.com/mt/