Operational Issues with 69.0.0.0/8...

Joe Abley jabley at isc.org
Fri Dec 6 17:10:19 UTC 2002

On Friday, Dec 6, 2002, at 11:57 Canada/Eastern,
Michael.Dillon at radianz.com wrote:

>> My question is as follows - We are losing customers because of this
>> problem.  It is costing us reputation and money.  It is out of our
>> control.  If you were us, what would you do?  We have already asked
>> ARIN
>> to reassign us to a "friendlier" CIDR, and they refuse.
>
> This is no longer a technical operational issue so it is out of scope
> for
> this mailing list.

ARIN don't guarantee routability of the blocks they allocate, and it's
difficult to see how they ever could.

Perhaps this is an issue of community education, or one of needing
better tools or methods for managing martian filters. Those issues are
arguably both technical and operational.

Joe