Broadening the IPv6 discussion

Marshall Eubanks tme at multicasttech.com
Fri Aug 30 15:58:14 UTC 2002

Hello;

My personal feeling is that on-line extreme gaming will be a very good
"killer ap" for ISP's selling broadband.

HOWEVER, IMHO the current ASM with MSDP will _not_ support one million+
(*,G) groups.

ASM is limited in its interdomain growth potential at present, in both
IPv4 and IPv6, and there is no real consensus on how to move forward.

SSM could support 1 million (S,G) only groups, but then, unless you are
going to have a combinatorial N! group explosion, you
will need to impose
some sort of hierarchical nature on the game (say, you only comminicate
with the people (entities?) you are interacting with.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks

--
                                  Regards
                                  Marshall Eubanks

This e-mail may contain confidential and proprietary information of
Multicast Technologies, Inc, subject to Non-Disclosure Agreements

T.M. Eubanks
Multicast Technologies, Inc
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Phone : 703-293-9624       Fax     : 703-293-9609
e-mail : tme at multicasttech.com
http://www.multicasttech.com

Test your network for multicast :
http://www.multicasttech.com/mt/