AT&T NYC

Daniel Golding dgolding at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 29 14:57:05 UTC 2002

This is impressive. It's very nice to see a carrier providing this level of
technical analysis to customers after an outage. Many carriers would be
embaressed or try to gloss over what has happened. Sprintlink, in the old
days, was also very good about this. Customers really appreciate honesty and
being kept in the loop on these sorts of things.

Sure, this was a dumb mistake, but everyone has made mistakes - no carrier
or engineer is perfect. I think AT&T gets big points on this one. It's a sad
statement about our industry that being honest with your customers is the
mark of outstanding customer service, rather than average customer service.

- Daniel Golding