AT&T NYC

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Thu Aug 29 05:12:06 UTC 2002

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 06:42:04AM +0200, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Frank Scalzo wrote:
>
> > Whoops! 2 hours to find routers w/o an IGP tsk tsk.
>
> I think it's worth full credit that they actually say what was wrong and
> why it took so long to fix it. A lot of other companies would mumbo-jumbo
> a human error like this in order to not lose face.

Massive stupidity shouldn't win you points just because you admit to it
(note that I consider the *massive* stupidity part to start at the
inability to troubleshoot the problem, not the failure in change
management).

But to be fair, when a NOC or Customer Service person writes an RFO, it
usually comes out sounding very very bad, regardless of the actual
complexity of the situation. I'm certain all the AT&T customers hope that
was the case here. :)