Paul's Mailfrom (Was: IETF SMTP Working Group Proposal at

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Tue Aug 27 22:14:22 UTC 2002

Oh to some extent even the first time it's because they're slackers.

If instead of a brainless rush to sign up dial-up accts and check
credentials later they demanded a credit card or other verifiable
information (a phone number we can call you back at to activate) then
they'd burn up about 99.9% of the opportunities for spammers to get
throw-away, anonymous accounts.

I say this from absolutely first-hand experience.

--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs at TheWorld.com           | http://www.TheWorld.com
The World              | Public Access Internet     | Since 1989     *oo*