Paul's Mailfrom (Was: IETF SMTP Working Group Proposal at smtpng.org)

Martin marty at supine.com
Tue Aug 27 02:14:46 UTC 2002

$author = "John Kristoff" ;

> I'm not sure how to truly disable an SMTP server from running on an end
> host.  You can block or force forward port 25, but that is just a
> number.  Be prepared to start doing that for all ports, then protocols,
> then IP addresses, then protocols again.

but surely an MTA derives it's usefulness by running on port 25. i don't
remember reading about where in the DNS MX RR you could specify what port
the MTA would be listening on...

marty

--
My Everest is not in Nepal,
She's sleeping in the bedroom second right down the hall.

"My Everest" - Lazy Susan