sanity check frame question

Brennan_Murphy at NAI.com Brennan_Murphy at NAI.com
Thu Aug 22 12:19:18 UTC 2002

I have a Frame connection between two sites, A and B. If the router
crashes at B, wouldn't A still see the DLCI for
B?  Is there any scenario where this wouldn't be the case?  If
B gets blown off the map, shouldnt A's frame interface be
in at least an up/down scenario?

The only reason I ask is because AT&T has been working on a
17hr outage like this and they are focusing on the CO at site B. When I
asked them how clearing up a CO issue would make the DLCI
reaappear at site A, they didn't have a straight answer.

In my particular case, the remote site B actually has a PVC to
A and C and both of those are in a down/down....these are
subinterfaces on DS3's with tons of other sites working properly.

If the DLCI disappeared, doesn't that suggest that someone
deleted the PVC?

Any insights would be helpful....

Thanks,
-BM

PS It would be reasonable to interpret this *partially* as a rant.
I'd really like to confirm the PVC vs CO scope of the problem
though.