[Fwd: Re: IETF SMTP Working Group Proposal at smtpng.org]

Dave Stewart dbs at dbscom.com
Thu Aug 22 01:11:02 UTC 2002

At 08:50 PM 8/21/2002, you wrote:
>(any organized religion's church comes to mind here as an ideal candidate.)

Umm... would you like to qualify the "any" in that statement?  I say this
because there are those churches that would use the funds for umm...
purposes that are less than stellar... or various other programs that may
not enjoy widespread support.

If we were to use any funds raised this way for feeding the hungry, housing
the homeless, providing Internet access to underprivileged (which I would
prefer, btw), then I think you'd find a larger following.

Personally, I don't have a problem with transitioning to a trusted method,
and I'd like to see a non-profit signing authority that has completely open
books - and money beyond operating expenses going to offset the costs of
providing rural areas/less developed areas with Internet access - similar
to the way we all help pay for telephone access in rural areas when we pay
our phone bills.