IETF SMTP Working Group Proposal at smtpng.org

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Thu Aug 22 00:41:57 UTC 2002

> The problem with SSL is it doesn't include certificate chain
> to arbitrary authorities.  However, there's a space for web
> of trust in SSL, I believe, so yeah, a new verison of SSL
> might be just the ticket.

Lets not forget that you need an SSL cert for every server with a
different host name, and you need to go through companies like Verisign
to get them.  (yes, there are lesser evils I know).  But using SSL certs
could be more expensive then just registering your company, netblock or
whatever with a management account.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC
rblayzor at inoc.net

Exclusive: We're the only ones who have the documentation.