mail delivery time on nanog-l (was Re: Die thread, DIE!)

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Aug 21 22:09:18 UTC 2002

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Vinny Abello wrote:

> OK. People can stop correcting me now. :) I did catch the mistake
> immediately after I sent the email. Now something REALLY useful in an email
> client would be an unsend feature... I'm joking of course. I have to say
> that before I get slammed with the technical reasons why that wouldn't work
> for mail on the Internet which I'm already well aware. ;)

I guess that if mail sent to the nanog list wouldnt take 5-60 minutes to
get delivered to all people on the list, people would sooner see that
someone else has actually answered the email in question, and wont answer
themselves.

I remember this being discussed earlier, is there any perticular reason
why this hasnt been fixed? If nanog-l is supposed to be a list for
operational purposes, doesnt that require speedy delivery in a lot of
cases?

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se