IETF SMTP Working Group Proposal at smtpng.org

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Wed Aug 21 21:57:14 UTC 2002

Yo Robert!

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Robert Blayzor wrote:

> But mail servers need static IP's, and network operators must know about
> those customers that need static addresses and if there is a mail server
> on the end of it.

Uh, no.  I have seen spammers use dynamic DNS to use throw away
dial-ups accounts for incoming main service.

How about moving this to an approriate forum where people really know
spam and mail?  Nanog is for moving packets.  Nanog does not usually
care what is in the packet unless it is a routing protocol.

RGDS
GARY