IETF SMTP Working Group Proposal at smtpng.org

James Smith jsmith at PRESIDIO.com
Wed Aug 21 20:30:25 UTC 2002

Because he doesn't want to. He already provides POP3/SMTP services to me
under his own domain name, and why should he change his servers to permit me
to send mail as if from another domain where I do have a "real" mail
account?

I hate the free stuff (no POP3/SMTP unless you pay), I already have my own
on another domain (for which I pay), and I don't want his (because I don't
want to keep changing email addresses everytime they get bought out/sold).

In short, because if I have to depend on my ISP for my convenience, it won't
get done, unless it's done their way. I use it for outbound only, I pop my
mail from my other provider...

James H. Smith II
Speaking for myself...