.mil domain root only hosted by one server??

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Aug 21 20:01:51 UTC 2002

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:46:22 EDT, Vinny Abello <vinny at tellurian.com>  said:
> I just stumbled across something I thought was interesting. All the .mil
> domain names used by the U.S. Military are served by one single root
> server. I thought that was a bit odd. I'm sure that one server is more than

The fact that you only see one doesn't mean there's only one.  And note
that the .MIL domain perhaps has a vested interest in *NOT* having a fully
redundant view of the world accessible from outside.  Sure, it's one point
of failure - but if you're battening down the hatches because of an attack,
it's also a one-stop place to cut yourself off....
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer