IETF SMTP Working Group Proposal at smtpng.org

Jared Mauch jared at puck.Nether.net
Wed Aug 21 19:51:36 UTC 2002

	I'd seen back in the mid 1990s a user that got banned from
all the isps on his island (or fairly close to it) due to
abuse of services.

	obviously when you have a set of only 3-4 isps to choose from
this makes it a lot easier to keep the guy from doing anything evil.

	but these days everyone that can negotiate a bulk-dial
agreement with someone and run a radius server can sign up
users and make the abuse a bit harder to track ...

	i do think some sort of smtp-callback would be nice/useful
for validation of e-mail addresses.  it'll make it so
the bounces go to someplace at least instead of Postmaster.

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net