Eliminating physical colocation (was Re: Shared facilities)

N. Richard Solis nrsolis at aol.net
Wed Aug 21 18:17:47 UTC 2002

The RBOCs have a long history of using the "security" card to attempt to
squelch the requirement for physical collocation by the FCC and the PUCs.
In my experience, the colo providers had more to worry about from the
employees of the RBOC w.r.t. equipment sabotage than other colo customers.
I saw this in Florida during the 95-96 timeframe and I'm sure that it's been
repeated elsewhere.