IETF SMTP Working Group Proposal at smtpng.org

william at elan.net william at elan.net
Wed Aug 21 02:07:50 UTC 2002

Several (if not most) of the issues indeed have solutions available (which
is BIG plus for this project), almost none have any standards and there
is no wide use at all. I want standards to be defined and in a way that
would encorage worldwide use of these features and in my view it means
new version of the protocol (with backward compatibility). I fully
understand that this will not be implemented in couple years and if this
all goes though, we'll be lucky to see the features used in any serious
manner in no less then 5 years.